Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently recruiting a Support Coordinator to join our person centred supported living service in Morecambe for adults with learning disabilities.
Candidates need to be honest, trustworthy and work in a person centred way, respecting the individuals they support and assisting them to meet their goals in life. Our Support Coordinators should also strive to be the best that they can be and should take pride in their work. You will be responsible for providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support, whilst helping to ensure service users are able to enjoy valued fulfilling lifestyles.
You will be positive and flexible in your role, accepting leadership from our supportive management team who will assist you in developing your ongoing career in social care. We have a range of courses available through our Training Department to further your professional development.
Candidates who are successfully appointed to this role will receive a £300 bonus.
Support Coordinator Duties:
- Supporting service users with daily living tasks, accessing local community and supporting around health needs
- Managing a team of support workers to deliver high quality care
- Planning rotas to cover the needs of the service
- A commitment to making a positive difference in individuals’ lives
- Developing and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users
Previous experience is essential for this role.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution, plus 33 days annual leave for Support Coordinators
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
- Support to apply for blue light discount card
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.