Creative Support believes that effective recruitment is an essential foundation for the provision of a high quality service. We have a lot of experience of recruiting and employing staff and promoting equal opportunities. We value diversity in respect of age, gender, race, religion and sexuality.
We have a number of recruitment and selection methods to make sure that we employ the highest quality staff, with the right skills, experience, attitudes and personal qualities. We use group interviews, personal interviews, case studies, self-assessment techniques and work trials as part of our employee assessment methods. We take care to match our job specifications with the needs of service users. All our interview panels include service users, carers and representatives of partner agencies wherever possible. Service users are offered training, support and expenses for taking part in interviews.
Before we can confirm any job offer we have a thorough checking procedure which includes two professional references (one of which must be from the last employer), declaration of interests, health checks, declaration of criminal convictions and satisfactory CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) disclosure.
When recruiting and employing staff Creative Support seeks:
- To create a flexible and adaptable staffing model to provide a personalised service to individuals
- To match the needs and interests of our service users with the skills, experience and interests of potential employees from a range of backgrounds
- People who are warm, sensitive and engaging as individuals and can demonstrate the qualities of respect and empathy
- People who are accountable, trustworthy, reflective and open in all aspects of their practice and can problem solve, think logically and deliver creative responses.
- Competent staff who are confident in working with service users in their own homes, our projects and in the wider community
- A diverse staff team who can offer support in a non discriminatory way and can demonstrate a clear understanding of equality of opportunity.
- Staff who are committed to their own development and training needs and enthusiastic to learn and develop in their role.
New staff are fully inducted into Creative Support’s philosophy, code of practice, policies and procedures including confidentiality, record keeping, risk assessment and management, safeguarding vulnerable adults, etc. For more information on this, please go to the training section of this website.
We are proud of the diversity of our staff team. Currently nearly 20% of our staff are from black and minority ethnic groups. We employ people of all religious persuasions and encourage tolerance and respect for religious belief. Gay and heterosexual staff are equally comfortable working for Creative Support. We employ men and women at all levels and offer flexibility to people with responsibilities for childcare or adult dependants. We are positive about employing people with disabilities, including people who are recovering from mental health problems. Older people with life experience are highly valued as are young people with lots of potential. Our commitment to training ensures that all our staff can develop their careers with Creative Support as fully as possible.