Waking Night Support Worker
Are you a caring individual looking for an interesting and diverse role?
We are looking for a confident, strong and calm individual in the Linthorpe region to provide person centred support to service users who have a learning disability and / or complex needs so that they can experience a wide range of opportunities to follow their passions and enjoy every day to the fullest!
You will need patience and the ability to adapt to each of the Service Users who have varied communications skills; each person having their own unique way of expressing their needs. The Services are provided over 24hrs, you must therefore, be willing and capable of covering a range of shift patterns inclusive of, weekends and bank holidays.
You will have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You will have the maturity to be able to work within a positive behaviour support framework, to accept responsibility and to grow in confidence as a skilled practitioner. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Your role may include:
- Providing personal care, administering medication and help with other domestic tasks
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest
- Full time (38 hours) to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service to include, weekends and bank holidays
- The shifts are 9.5 hours, from 22:00 to 07:30
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, as full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS