Waking Night Support Worker
Creative Support is a national not-for-profit organisation providing care and support to individuals with a wide range of needs. We are currently looking for a caring individual to join us as a Waking Night Support Worker in Normanton, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for warm and proactive individuals to provide person centred care and support to older people. You will be responsible for providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to these individuals whilst helping to ensure service users are able to promote their independence and development of daily living skills.
Support Worker Duties:
- Provision of practical, emotional and behavioural support to service users,
- Provide support to individuals around life skills,
- A commitment to making a positive difference in individuals lives,
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
- Full time or part time hours available, to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service to include daytimes, evenings, weekends and bank holidays,
- Providing personal care, preparing meals, and administering medication.
This is a part time role of 27 hours per week.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS