Supported Living Manager
Creative Support is one of the largest, national not-for-profit providers of care and support services. We are looking for a Supported Living Manager to oversee one of our supported living services in Barnet. This service is for 7 clients who have learning disabilities, autism and/or behaviours that could be challenging. You will ensure the service users lead fulfilling and meaningful lives within a high quality community-based, active environment.
You must be warm, caring and totally committed to providing effective and high quality support to enable people to live fulfilling lives. As the Supported Living Manager you will uphold and reinforce the vison and aims of the service and ensure that all expected outcomes are achieved. You will model best practice to your staff and be confident in managing their performance. You will lead the team to empower individuals to make choices, enjoy opportunities for personal development and achieve their aspirations and personal goals.
You must be highly organised and possess good IT skills to complete daily administrative and management tasks, as well as responding to emails. Your role will include:
- Supporting the Registered Service Manager to ensure compliance with CQC and commissioner expectations and standards as outlined within the contract
- Working alongside the Registered Service Manager to undertake referral assessments, plan transitions and work with individuals and their circle of support to co-produce and implement support plans
- Collaborating extensively and effectively with service users, their families, friends, and pertinent professionals to provide a service which maximises client outcomes
- Managing performance of around 10 staff members through supervision, coaching and training
- Recruitment and selection of staff matched to needs of service users
- Dynamic risk assessment and positive risk management to ensure reflective practice and management of incidents to promote learning and a positive culture
- Being part of the rota to deliver dignified personal care and working early mornings, late evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Providing excellent customer care to all stakeholders, getting feedback and proactively addressing concerns
A full driving license in order to support service users in the community in their mobility cars is desirable.
Creative Support is committed to your professional development and offers ongoing training and the opportunity to undertake a Diploma in Health & Social Care (Level 5) and other practitioner/leadership training.
If you would like to discuss this post and the benefits of working for Creative Support please contact Pia Parekh on 0797 691 5989 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
Applicants seeking sponsorship – We can only accept candidates whose Visa is valid beyond three months of the listed closing date as we cannot guarantee The Right of Work.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS