Supported Living Manager
Do you have the personal commitment, drive and person-centred values to be able to make a real difference to the lives of people with autism, learning disabilities and complex backgrounds who can display behaviours which challenge?
Are you caring, compassionate and competent? Are you an excellent communicator with the commitment to provide only the best service to our service users? If so we are seeking a highly skilled and proactive Supported Living Manager for our specialist, bespoke-built Intensive Support Service in Thatto Heath, Heathside, St Helens. The service has excellent local commuter routes and community services, close to shops and local amenities.
The service is a newly developed, specialist supported accommodation service for seven adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. The service will provide 24 hour support and will comprises of seven newly built one bedroomed apartments. The housing provider has gone to great lengths to ensure that the accommodation is of a high specification to fully support individuals needs.
You will hold operational responsibility for all aspects of service delivery and contract compliance. You will promote and re-inforce a culture of responsive, professional, person-centred practice, and active support across the service. Relationships will be built based on respect and unconditional positive regard.
Your duties as Supported Living Manager will include:
• Carrying out Responder and Shift Leader responsibilities to ensure the most robust and effective delivery of our St Helens service
• Rota management and deploying staff effectively to meet individual needs
• Ensuring all staff receive regular and high-quality supervision, coaching and mentoring to ensure they feel confident to fulfil their role
• Working alongside staff members as they deliver support, monitor and observe their interactions and practice with service users
• Providing some direct support to service users, ensuring that they are supported to develop socially valued lifestyles which build upon strengths, interests and aspirations whilst remaining mindful of risks present
• To complete holistic assessments of needs including support plans and risk assessments
You will be supported by our Operations Manager, existing Registered Manager and PBS Lead Practitioner to develop the service from transition through to the service opening and its continued success.
• Be able to demonstrate that you have a caring and compassionate approach to the people we support.
• Have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and complex needs
• Have at least three years prior experience of supporting people with a learning disability and/or autism who have complex needs
• Be a highly motivated, dynamic and confident communicator
• Be confident with working directly with service users and skilled with using this knowledge to coach staff using Positive Behaviour Support
• Have good knowledge of Mental Capacity and Best Interests, and you must be aware of the Restraint Reduction Network and hold a commitment to reduce restrictions in people’s lives
Creative Support is a not-for-profit organisation which provides high-quality, person-centred support. The support we offer is tailored to the individual and promotes their independence and community engagement. We are an Investor in People accredited employer of a diverse team of over 5,000 well supported staff across England.
You will be joining a progressive charitable organisation, strongly committed to investing in your professional development through both practice-based training and academic study. You will also be part of our highly committed and mutually supportive team of ten PBS and quality practitioners, supporting our agency to achieve great outcomes and meet quality standards. By joining this team you will be able to access peer support and expertise.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS