Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for confident, enthusiastic and motivated Support Workers for our Sheffield learning disability services.
Our Sheffield services provide consistent, person centred support to individuals with learning disabilities. Some of the people we support may also have additional complex physical or other health and social needs. We offer an empowering model of support which enables people to lead fulfilling and happy lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes.
Support Worker Duties:
- Providing personal care and administering medication to service users
- Helping service users with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc
- Accompanying service users when accessing the wider community and supporting with activities such as: shopping, maintaining friendships and family relationships, visiting the cinema and having meals out
- Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service, to include days, evenings and weekends
- Great communicator
Previous care experience is desirable but not essential for this role, as we provide ongoing training and support through our Creative Support Training Academy. A full UK driving license and ability to drive service users’ car is also desirable, but not essential. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline. We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS