Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our friendly staff team in Darlington, County Durham.
We are looking for warm, caring and proactive Support Workers to provide quality person-centred care and support at our vibrant service in Darlington, Country Durham. You will responsible for providing respectful care and support to tenants with mental health needs and learning disabilities in a supported living setting, with some community outreach. You will support individuals to take part in all aspects of everyday life and to enjoy a wide range of activities. You will have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Support Worker Duties:
- Provision of practical, emotional and behavioural support to service users,
- Provide support to individuals with cooking, cleaning, housework and other life skills,
- A commitment to making a positive difference in individuals lives,
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
- Carry out general administrative duties and housing management tasks,
- Work flexibly according to the needs of the service to include daytimes, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in shifts.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS