How would you like to make a positive difference to someone’s life? We are keen to develop and support people to achieve their outcomes, dreams and aspirations.
Creative Support are looking to recruit a Recovery Support Worker who is experienced in working in with people who have mental health support needs.
We are looking for a calm, resourceful and energetic individual who is well motivated, hardworking and keen to join our team. The scheme consists of 7 self contained flats within Newcastle. The service will be part of Newcastle strategy to provide a wider range of living options for vulnerable people. The service will support people to increase their independence and connect with their communities/ develop social networks thus preventing admission into long term residential care or hospital and eventually moving back to their own homes or in a less supported environment.
- You will provide person-centred support to tenants to take part in all aspects of everyday life and achieve their outcomes and goals
- You will have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support.
- You will have the maturity to be able to work within a positive behaviour support framework to accept responsibility and to grow in confidence as a skilled practitioner supporting people who are vulnerable and may engage in risky behaviours
- You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos
This role offers unique and challenging opportunities bringing great job satisfaction to those who are looking to make a positive difference to the lives of others. We provide relevant training including accredited health and social care diplomas through our own training academy.
You will be required to work in a flexible manner on a rota which may include evenings, weekends and nights. In addition to opportunities for personal and career development we offer good conditions of service and a supportive, hands-on management culture.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS