Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Support Worker to our team in Leek, Staffordshire.
We are looking for a compassionate, positive and creative individual to join our supportive and dedicated team at our supported living service in Westwood, Leek. We would love to hear from people who have the genuine passion and drive to want to make a positive difference in people’s lives who have learning disabilities. The successful candidate will be supporting individuals at our beautiful and homely Supported Living Service and out in the community. No two days will be the same as the people that use our service have a wide range of interests and activities from shopping, afternoon tea, trips out visiting new places and coffee and cake days.
Support Worker Duties:
- You will be enabling someone to live a fulfilling and independent life at home and out in the community,
- Assisting with day-to-day living duties such as budgeting, shopping and supporting with medication and any personal care that may be required
- To work flexibly including evenings and weekends, according to the needs of the service
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as social skills/relationships, daily living skills and using community resources
- To be responsive to the individual needs of service users within the framework of their Person Centred Plans
We can only accept car drivers at this service.
We welcome people with a wide range of previous experience or no experience at all, as our superb training and induction process will give all successful applicants the best, appropriate level of support.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS