Senior Support Worker
Are you passionate about delivering high quality, respectful, and person centred care and support to individuals in Billingham, County Durham? Creative Support are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Senior Support Worker and lead a passionate and friendly team of staff to support individuals with learning disabilities, mental health needs, and autism.
As Senior Support Worker, you will work alongside the Project Manager to assist with the coordination and delivery of high quality outcome-focussed, person centred support to tenants. You will be positive about supporting people to increase their independence and ensure that they are at the centre of all decisions made about their lives.
Your role will include:
- Developing and leading the team to enable the tenants to have a high quality of life, and to be important and valued members of the local community
- Be responsible for ensuring personal, practical, emotional and social support is delivered at all times
- Assisting our Project Manager and Registered manager in ensuring all residents receive the highest quality and care and support
A full, clean UK driving license is essential for this role.
At least two years’ experience in providing care and support to people with a range of complex support needs is essential for this role. As Senior Support Worker, compassion, motivation, diligence and an ability to empathise with individuals is also essential.
You must be warm, well organised, and conscientious and demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. You will be required to work on a rota, undertaking early, late and weekend duties as required.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- Choice of weekly or monthly pay
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
Applicants seeking sponsorship – We can only accept candidates whose Visa is valid beyond three months of the listed closing date as we cannot guarantee The Right of Work.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS