Senior Support Worker
We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Senior Support Worker to join our team in Headington, Oxfordshire. Here we provide quality person-centred care and support to individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and additional mental health support needs to live exciting and independent lives.
No two days will be the same at this service in Headington, Oxfordshire as we support service users in a supported living environment to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities including cooking/baking, walking, shopping and many more! We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in providing quality care and support to our residents and becoming part of our friendly and energetic staff team.
Senior Support Worker duties include:
- Supervising, managing and mentoring a team of staff
- Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities, both within and outside of their homes
- Providing personal care, administering medication and lone working
- Working full time hours (37.5) on a rota basis, covering 7 days per week
As this is a senior role, experience of supporting individuals with learning disabilities and/or mental health needs is required.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
Applicants seeking sponsorship – We can only accept candidates whose Visa is valid beyond three months of the listed closing date as we cannot guarantee The Right of Work.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS