Relief Waking Night Extra Care Support Worker
Creative Support is a national not-for-profit organisation which is looking to recruit caring, person-centred staff for our extra care service for older people and our supported living services in Normanton, Wakefield.
We have a strong history of over twenty years in helping individuals with a wide range of needs to live independent and fulfilling lives. We ensure that the service users we support enjoy opportunities for personal development and engagement within their local communities.
As part of this commitment we require dedicated, motivated and warm individuals to provide extra care support to older adults within Normanton, Wakefield. You will work with the people we support to promote healthy living and independence.
Relief Support Worker Duties:
- Provision of respectful personal care and emotional support
- Work closely with service users in a person-centred way to ensure they retain their independence for as long as possible
- To advise and support service users in all aspects of managing their tenancy and maintaining the safety, hygiene and comfort of their home
- Supporting service users in accessing social and leisure activities
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Collaborating with service users, families, carers and involved professionals to ensure our Wakefield service is consistent, coordinated and maximises outcomes for service users
This is a Relief Support Worker position which enables you to pick up shifts at a time that suits you, which is ideal for fitting around personal commitments, study or caring responsibilities.
Previous experience within a care role is an essential requirement for our Relief Support Worker roles. Successful applicants must attend mandatory induction training courses to begin this role.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS