Relief Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Relief Support Worker to our team in Blythe Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent.
We are looking for a compassionate, positive and creative individual to join our supportive and dedicated team at our supported living service in Blythe Bridge. We would love to hear from people who have the genuine passion and drive to want to make a positive difference in people’s lives who have learning disabilities. The successful candidate will be supporting individuals at our beautiful and homely Supported Living Service and out in the community. No two days will be the same as the people that use our service have a wide range of interests and activities from shopping, afternoon tea, trips out visiting new places and coffee and cake days.
Relief Support Worker Duties:
- You will be enabling someone to live a fulfilling and independent life at home and out in the community,
- Assisting with day-to-day living duties such as budgeting, shopping and supporting with medication and any personal care that may be required
- To work flexibly including evenings and weekends, according to the needs of the service
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as social skills/relationships, daily living skills and using community resources
- To be responsive to the individual needs of service users within the framework of their Person Centred Plans
We welcome people with previous experience to apply for this role. You will be paid on a weekly basis.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS