Recovery Support Worker
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and proactive Support Worker to join our friendly staff team in Keighley, Bradford. At this vibrant supported living service in Keighley, Bradford we provide quality, person-centred care and support to 20 service users living in self-contained flats primarily with mental health support needs. Some residents may also have learning disabilities and other complex needs. You will be working with a small caseload as a designated key worker, helping residents to gain independence, enjoy every day to the fullest and achieve specific outcomes within their care plan.
No two days will be the same at this service as our residents love engaging in a range of exciting activities including meals out, cooking/baking, movie nights, arts and crafts and many more. We also have a weekly coffee morning, which our residents love to attend.
Your role will include:
- Providing support with medication and helping with other domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes
- Helping service users follow their support plans and gain independence whilst providing emotional support with regards to their mental health
This role involves no personal care or moving and handling.
The service is based on the outskirts of Keighley. It has great public transport links and a bus stop at the end of the drive with local routes into Keighley town centre which is 5 minutes away.
The shift patterns for this role are 8am to 4pm, 10am to 6pm and 2pm to 10pm. You will be required to work every other weekend and some bank holidays.
Previous care experience is preferred but not essential as full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- You will have the option of being paid weekly or monthly
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work in the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS