Recovery Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast-growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are seeking individuals to join our friendly team in Preston, Lancashire.
We are looking for respectful, warm and professional individuals to work across our mental health supported housing services in Preston. As a keyworker, you will provide support to people through a recovery-focused approach, promoting independence and move-on to more independent settings in the community. You will have skills in positive communication and engagement, and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support.
We offer either weekly or monthly pay.
Support Worker Duties:
• Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Carrying out general administrative duties,
• Providing emotional support to service users,
• Visiting service users in their own homes or in other settings within the community,
• Medication oversight,
• Supporting with daily living tasks, including budgeting and tenancy maintenance,
• Communicating and building strong relationships with service users’ family, support network and involved professionals.
A background in the mental health field is preferred for this position. You must demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. We are looking to recruit people who enjoy a challenging and rewarding job and who wish to develop through the training packages that we offer. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care, and be able to contribute to a positive team approach. Shift work is a requirement, as our services operate up to a 24-hour period dependent on individual location, and sleep in shifts are available with competitive rates of pay.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS