Female Support Worker
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for a warm, reliable and proactive Female Support Worker to join our friendly and passionate staff team in Preston, Lancashire. At our vibrant supported living service in Preston, Lancashire we provide quality care and support to three active, fun-loving female residents with learning disabilities. At this service our residents love engaging in a range of exciting activities including trips to the seaside, visiting the theatre and cinema, and many more!
Your role will include:
- Providing personal care, administering medication and helping with other domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning,
- Promoting service users independence and choice
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes,
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
- Part time hours to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service with a willingness to work sleep in’s, at a rate of £40 per shift,
- Being a driver is essential for this role.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
‘My favourite thing about the service is that no two days are the same, but we laugh everyday’.
The service has great transport links by both train and bus, with the local train station being only a 10 minute walk away.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- Choice of weekly or monthly pay
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBTQ+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS