Female Support Worker
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for a warm and caring Female Extra Care Worker to join our friendly staff team at Burnside Court our Extra Care service in Carlisle, Cumbria. Here we provide quality care and support to 26 older residents, supporting and encouraging them to lead a fulfilling and enriched life.
Your role will include:
- Providing excellent, respectful personal care to residents including medication administration,
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
- Supporting with domestic tasks and other tasks such as preparing breakfasts for service users and completing welfare checks,
- Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service and confident with lone working,
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. Previous care experience is preferred but not essential. We are looking for someone with a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working. Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care. You can chose to be paid on a weekly or monthly basis.
Burnside Court is in Stanwix Carlisle, it is in walking distance of bus stops. 10 minutes from Carlisle City Centre. Car park on site. The service is a single site made up of self-contained flats.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s on call teams,
- The option of monthly or weekly pay,
- Free uniform provided.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
‘Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010’
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS