Community Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking highly motivated Community Support Workers to join our friendly Dudley Hub and Outreach Services. If you are seeking a rewarding career and want to make a positive difference to the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to meet the needs of adults with mental health needs, learning disabilities, addiction and/or a risk of homelessness. The service provides structured levels of support which are flexible and reactive to the needs and aspirations of the people we support. We work in partnership with service users, their network of support and other relevant services.
We are recruiting Community Support Workers to work as a team and support service users on their journey to independence, working to maintain active and consistent involvement. You will be working from our base, the Hub, which provides a safe and inclusive space for service users to be supported to develop new skills, access mentoring service and gain confidence while accessing support services.
Community Support Worker duties include:
• Developing warm and trusting relationships with members to encourage them to express their needs, views and concerns,
• Maintaining positive links with a range of community organisations, specialist and mainstream services.
• Devising and reviewing outcome-focused support plans, assisting in the assessment of needs and risk.
• Encouraging and supporting service users to achieve self-care and independent living skills.
Although we value relevant experience of supporting people with support needs, you do not need to have prior experience if you can demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.
• A one-off bonus of £100 (subject to tax and national insurance deductions) upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS