Community Support Worker
Are you an empathetic, patient and flexible individual?
We are recruiting people eager to care to join our team of Support Workers, providing personal care, assisting with daily living tasks and providing both practical and emotional support to older people living in their own homes in Staffordshire. We are seeking positive individuals with a genuine passion for health and social care, who want to make a real difference to peoples’ quality of life in the Staffordshire area.
Your role will include:
- Providing an integrated health and social care package to older people living in their own homes in Staffordshire.
- Acting as a case manager ensuring service users have an up to date support plan which meets their holistic needs.
- Carrying out all identified social care tasks and those healthcare tasks delegated by health professionals such as District Nurses.
- Ensuring a flex outcome focused service which is responsive to changing needs.
- Working creatively to reduce social isolation and enhance peoples’ lives through addressing loneliness and link people in with a range of appropriate community activities.
No previous care experience is needed for this role. Being a car driver is essential for this Support Worker role as it will involve regular travel in and around the Staffordshire area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS