Waking Night Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team at Pelham House in Newbury.
As a supported living service at the heart of Newbury, we are seeking Support Workers who can motivate and encourage independence for service users living in their own flats within Pelham House. Every day here is different as you will support a number of individuals with a range of activities. Our service users enjoy going to festivals, day trips, evenings out, swimming, bowling, attending sport events and even have their own weekly film night in the communal area. You must be prepared to ‘go the Extra Mile’ to ensure that service users are enjoying the highest quality of life and have opportunities to become more independent and connected to their communities. You will have excellent communication and team working skills whilst promoting service user’s dignity, independence and well-being. If you are calm, resourceful and energetic, this role is perfect for you.
Support Worker Duties:
- Provision of practical, emotional and behavioural support to service users
- Help service users with running their own homes
- Completing general housing management tasks, cooking and paying bills
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Provision of personal care to service users
Prior experience is not necessary as we are looking for people who are enthusiastic, warm, engaging, and creative and want to make a difference to our service user’s lives. Drivers are preferred but not essential.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS