Waking Night Extra Care Support Worker
Creative Support are looking for warm, flexible and enthusiastic Support Workers to join our friendly staff team in Accrington, Lancashire.
At our Extra Care service in Accrington you will provide person-centred care and support which enables older people to enjoy an active and independent lifestyle.
Your role as a Waking Night Support Worker will include:
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to older people,
• Maximising outcomes for clients at our Accrington service by maintaining their independence and encouraging them to lead an active, fulfilling lifestyle,
• Collaborating with clients, their families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
Experience is not essential for this Support Worker role as training will be provided. You must have a warm, caring and respectful personality to succeed in this role.
Full time and part time positions available, working 8pm-7am. It is expected that you will work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide you with an environment that encourages personal and professional development. We will provide you with on-going training to best meet the needs of the service users.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Choice of weekly or monthly pay
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS