Creative Support are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Team Leader with a good understanding of learning disabilities, mental health and autism. The successful applicant will be joining a collaborative and knowledgeable team, to support the Senior Service Manager to support with the management of existing services and to support with the development of outreach services across Worcestershire area. You will oversee the day to day management of services, supporting individuals to maintain their own tenancies and to support in the development of new outreach services.
The supported living services are energetic, supportive environments where the people who use our services engage in many activities, both in their homes and out in the community. Our outreach services support independent and outgoing individuals to promote confidence, emotional wellbeing and independent living skills.
Your role of Team Leader will include:
- Coordinating the delivery of care to a defined group of service users, ensuring that this care meets their identified needs, choices and preferences. This could include: administering medication, general emotional support, and support with daily living.
- Supervision, coaching, performance management and general support of staff, volunteers, and students in providing effective and personalised care.
- Ensuring safeguarding measures are in place to protect vulnerable adults, and ensuring all staff comply with these safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Promoting excellent customer care to service users, their families, and other agencies.
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users.
- Involvement in referrals and assessments for new packages within the area
- To support with growing the outreach services within Worcestershire.
You will benefit from comprehensive and outstanding training from our training academy, and will be developed and guided by supportive and experienced managers.
Good written and verbal communication skills are essential along with strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. Flexibility to the needs of the service is essential, and a willingness to follow instruction and accept supervision is also required.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS