We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and motivated Support Workers to join our beautiful countryside residential service in Harrold, Bedford. If you would like a rewarding role that includes working with people who have learning and physical disabilities to achieve their life goals and join the local community then we would love to hear from you.
Our service users at Dove Lane enjoy local walks around the village and Harrold Country Park where they love visiting the café. Other activities include visiting garden centres, feeding the doves, pamper sessions, arts & crafts, baking, rugby, big board games and sensory sessions. Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support services for a wide range of service users.
Day-to-day tasks of the role would include:
• Supporting service users inside the home and out in the
• Supporting service users to retain as much of their independence
• Engaging in activities with the tenants and encouraging them to take up hobbies and achieve their personal goals
• Collaborating with service users, family members and other involved professionals to provide excellent person-centred care for service users
• Working as part of a team and alone inside service users’ homes
• Assisting with the day-to-day running of the service, including administering medication, paperwork, emails and other office duties
• Providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
Experience of working with people who have learning and physical disabilities is beneficial but not essential as you will be provided with full training for the role.
The service, located in Harrold, Bedford and is easily accessible by bus routes using the number 25 bus. If you’re a driver, there is free parking on-site for staff. You will be working in a supportive environment with a staff team who are welcoming, kind and caring.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• You will receive ongoing training and will be supported with any further goals you wish to achieve
• You will always work in a covid-secure environment
• Provision of uniforms
• Free-of-charge DBS certificate
• Free access to Health Assured
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
Please note – from 16th November 2021, it is a legal requirement that we only employ people in our Care Homes who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS