Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team at The Houghtons, in Bedford.
We are looking for warm, flexible, caring and proactive individuals to provide person centred care and support at The Houghtons service, which is a residential home service for adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs in the heart of Bedford. You will be working with a tight knit team of support workers to provide respectful care to six individuals with wide range of needs, helping to ensure service users are able to enjoy valued fulfilling lifestyles.
Support Worker Duties:
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to six individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and complex health needs
• Maximising social opportunities and community engagement
• Provision of constant 1-1 support to Service Users as part of a team,
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service
The Houghtons is based just off of Goldington Road within walking distance of Goldington Green Park in Bedford. It is well connected via local bus routes and there is free parking on site for those driving to work.
Experience is not essential for this role as full training will be provided. However, you must be able to demonstrate a warm and caring personality and positive and proactive approach to the role. We welcome applications from experienced practitioners, graduates and individuals looking to pursue a career in social care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS