Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
We are looking for warm, flexible and compassionate Support Workers to join our Supported Living service in the centre of Rugeley, Staffordshire. Our service provides varying levels of care to 13 individuals with a range of support needs including learning disabilities and autism. Some of the individuals require personal care, help taking medication and with other day to day tasks. Others are more independent and enjoy going out into the community alone.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about enabling and encouraging our service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, and to develop their abilities to the fullest. Shifts will often be worked in teams of 3 to 4 staff members ensuring quality person-centred support to all of our service users.
Support Worker Duties:
- Flexible working hours to include daytimes, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins
- Assisting with day-to-day living duties such as budgeting, shopping and supporting with medication and any personal care that may be required
- You will collaborate with service users, families, carers, and involved professionals to provide a coordinated and consistent service that maximises outcomes for service users
- Be responsive to the needs of service users in line with Person Centred Plans and respond flexibly to changing needs
- Encourage and support service users in expressing needs, views and concerns, enabling them to make their own choices and decisions
Being in the centre of Rugeley, our service has great transport links with regular buses and trains in and out of the town. Experience is desired but by no means essential, as full ongoing training is provided from our Creative Support Training Academy.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS