Are you a kind, patient and caring individual looking to make a positive impact within your career?
Creative Support are looking for a Support Worker to join our friendly staff team in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. Our vibrant service in Grimsby provides excellent person centred care and support to individuals with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and non-verbal communication requirements within a supported housing setting. As a Support Worker, you will be encouraging individuals to access their community. Our service users here at Scartho Road enjoy seeing their family, going to the beach and going swimming. Every day is different here at our service in Grimsby, Lincolnshire! If you are a person who can work in a positive and supportive way whilst encouraging and motivating individuals to make positive changes in their lives, then this is the job for you!
Your role will include:
- Providing excellent person centred care and support to individuals with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and non-verbal communication requirements.
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest
- Full time or part time permanent hours to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service with a willingness to work weekends, sleep-ins and bank holidays
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, as full training is provided. The service has great public transport links with bus stops right outside.
We offer our Support Workers:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
If you would like to know more, please contact Jane Bingham today on 01472 345 174.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS