Are you a kind, energetic and passionate person looking for a career in the Mental Health Sector?
We are currently looking for a caring individual to join our dedicated staff team as a Support Worker in Bury, Greater Manchester.
We provide quality, personalised care and support to service users with mental health needs, as well as some individuals also with learning disabilities. You will support service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life at home and within the community.
Support Worker Duties:
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as social skills/relationships, daily living skills, social, leisure, finances and work activities
- Administrating medication
- To promote the self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of service users
Shifts are Monday to Friday, however may change according to the needs of the service.
No sleeps, nights or personal care is included in this role.
Previous care and support experience is not essential for this role, as full training is provided. However, staff will lone work in the community so some experience and car driver are preferable. A knowledge of the Bury districts is desirable as staff will travel around the Bury council districts by either bus or their own cars.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Choice of weekly or monthly pay
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS