Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are looking for warm and caring individuals to join our friendly staff team in South Shields, South Tyneside.
You will support adults with a learning disability to live full, fun and active lives. No experience is required as full training is given. You will have skills in positive communication, engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Support Worker duties:
- Providing person-centred care and support to reach personal goals
- Support with personal care and medication
- Attend appointments
- Support with meals, prepping and planning
- Ensure access to local activities and participation in the local community including trips out locally, supporting with events held within services and promoting local social opportunities.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates located in and eligible to work in the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS