Are you a compassionate individual who enjoys working with people? Can you build trusting relationships and support those we care for to reach their goals? Then this could be the role for you! Here at Creative Support, we are seeking a Support Worker to join our welcoming staff team in Todmorden, West Yorkshire – to become part of ensuring that our service users are listened to and looked after every day.
You will engage with our service users in a positive way and encourage them to develop their personal talents and skills. You will uphold a person-centred approach that promotes the interests and aspirations of those with learning disabilities, both in their home and out in their community. You will work closely with our service users and their wider support networks to ensure that their well-being is at the heart of all we do.
Your role will include:
- Engaging with a committed team and lone working when needed
- Supporting with cleaning, meal preparation and personal care
- Encouraging service users to engage with their local community
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families
This is a part time role of 15 hours per week.
For this role previous care experience would be desirable, but is not essential. We are most interested in your positive mind-set and supportive nature!
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS