Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day? If so we are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team in Jarrow, South Tyneside.
The service consists of 13 flats and 2 bungalows and is home to 15 service users with mental health needs and learning disabilities. Each flat has an en-suite bathroom, kitchen and laundry facilities. The Communal areas in the main building include a main entrance/seating area, lounge and tea making facilities and a large walled garden. At this service you will join an experienced staff team with a passion for person centred support!
Support Worker Duties:
- Provide person centred care, supporting service users to reach their full potential and maximise opportunities in their lives,
- Provide support to people in all aspects of their daily lives and focus on developing their overall independence and skills,
- You will assist our service users with activities such as theatre shows, cinema, eating out and enjoying days out to Beamish, local theme parks and days out to the beach!
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
The service has great public transport links, located close to a bus route and metro station. We are looking for both male and female applicants for this position.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS