Do you have the commitment and positive values to make a difference to the lives of people living in Doncaster, South Yorkshire?
We are looking for a caring, dynamic and highly motivated person to join the team as a Support Coordinator in our Doncaster Supported Living Services. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our well-established services, which supports individuals with learning disabilities.
You must have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional regard for the people we support. You will also have skills in the assessment of needs and proactive risk management, so that support planning for individuals demonstrates an active and fulfilling life with an emphasis on a ‘can do’ approach.
Support Coordinator Duties:
- Provide outcome focused support to enable clients to lead fulfilling and valued lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community and much more
- Effectively meet the needs of our clients and to take additional responsibilities such as rota management, induction of staff and staff supervision
- Work in a flexible manner which may including working evenings and weekends and sleep in’s
- Participate in our local On Call
- Administering medication
As well as providing direct support, the Support Coordinator role also requires some off rota time, which has been developed to support the management of service delivery. This is an opportunity for personal and career development as we offer good conditions of service and a supportive, hands-on management culture.
It is essential to have a clean, up to date driving license and access to a vehicle for this role, as the role requires travelling around the Doncaster area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS