Senior Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Support Worker to join our friendly serviced in Tudhoe and Newton Aycliffe, County Durham. If you are looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to work in our Durham Complex Needs Service. As a Senior Support Worker, you will organise a flexible and high-quality Supported Living service for adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. You will supervise and manage established staff teams, providing person-centred support to enable service users to maintain their independence, experience improved wellbeing and enjoy opportunities for personal development. You will have the opportunity to work with our positive behaviour support practitioner team so that we continue to deliver innovative and specialised services. The supported living services operate 24/7 with waking nights.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
- Supervising, managing and mentoring a team of staff
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to
- Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Providing outcome-focused support to enable service users to lead fulfilling and valued lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes
- Supporting service users with the activities they enjoy in and around the Durham area
As this is a senior position, it is essential that you have experience of supporting individuals with learning disabilities. You must have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You will demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a drive to make a positive difference to the lives of others. This is an opportunity for personal and career development, as we offer good conditions of service and a supportive, hands-on management culture.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
- Choice of weekly or monthly pay
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS