Senior Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Senior Support Worker to our vibrant team in Warrington, Cheshire.
We are looking for an organised, dynamic and highly motivated individual to join the team as Senior Support Worker in our Warrington Supported Living Service in Cheshire. The service is comprised of six flats, and supports individuals who have a learning disability and/or autism. The people we support may also have additional support needs such as behaviours that challenge, mental health needs and complex needs. We offer an empowering model of support which enables people to lead fulfilling and happy lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes.
As Senior Support Worker, you will have the opportunity to support individuals with the wide range of activities that they enjoy, including going to discos, swimming and going to the cinema. As well as providing direct care and support, you will have the opportunity to act as a Key Worker supporting people to achieve their dreams and ambitions.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
- To ensure that all of our service users receive high quality, individualised, person-centered support
- To provide mentorship; support; guidance for the staff team working within the service
- To develop warm and trusting relationships with clients and to encourage them to express their needs, views and concerns
- Support the management of service delivery, effectively meeting the needs of the clients
- You will be required to work in a flexible manner which may include working evenings, weekends, waking nights and sleep in’s
At least two years’ experience of providing care and support to people with learning disabilities and other needs is essential for this role, as is a passion to provide excellent managerial support to a friendly staff team in Winwick, Warrington!
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS