Senior Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Senior Support Worker to our extra care team in Accrington, Lancashire.
We are looking for a warm, flexible and experienced practitioner to provide person centred care and support in our Accrington Extra Care Service, which enables older people to enjoy an active and independent lifestyle. You must be enthusiastic about the provision of services for individuals and have a good insight into current thinking and practice in the field.
You must have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You will also have skills in the assessment of needs along with positive and proactive risk management so that support planning for individuals demonstrates an active and fulfilling life with an emphasis on a ‘can do’ approach.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
– Devise appropriate support plans with clients and involved professionals in line with Personal Care Plans
– Offer support, supervision and guidance to all staff, ensure that staff are appropriately supported, trained and understand the needs of each service user
– Develop warm, trusting relationships with clients and families and encourage them to express their needs, views and concerns.
– Support and enable clients to participate in their communities and to enjoy activities in the community
– Liaise with team members to ensure a consistent and coordinated service
Previous experience is essential for this role. It is expected that you will work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide you with an environment that encourages personal and professional development. We will provide you with on-going training to best meet the needs of the service users.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS