Senior Support Worker
Do you work in mental health and want a role that builds on your experience whilst providing professional development opportunities? If so, we are seeking an experienced and motivated senior support worker to join our mental health service in Salford, Greater Manchester.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
- Supervising, managing and mentoring a team of staff
- Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Supporting senior staff members to ensure a consistent and coordinated service is provided to all
- Building confidence, self-esteem, hope and positive coping skills in service users
- Developing with the individual Person Centred Support Plans aimed at recovery, happiness, health and achieving of service user goals and aspirations
- Implementing guidelines and risk management plans and working positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos
It is expected that you will work flexibly, including evenings, weekends and sleep-ins to meet the needs of the service.
As this is a senior position, it is essential that you have experience of supporting individuals with mental health needs. You will have a warm, caring nature, and a commitment to making a positive difference in people’s lives.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide you with an environment that encourages personal and professional development.
Creative Support also offers a wide range of benefits such as:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.