Relief Waking Night Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our Relief team in Kempston, Bedford.
We are recruiting Support Workers to an established team of staff supporting people to enjoy an excellent quality of life. The Supported Living service in Kempston, Bedford contains purpose built flats which support individuals including those with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and who are on the autistic spectrum.
The service has a variety of different hours to support people which are tailor-made care packages. Tenant’s hours can vary from 12-5pm, 7am-2pm and 2-10pm; the shift pattern is to ensure the tenants get the support they require to have the one to one support they require to have a fulfilled life.
Support Worker Duties:
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support,
• Assisting Service Users to participate in the local community,
• Ability to work flexibly in shifts over the weekend including waking nights,
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
This rewarding role will require flexibility and experience is essential.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and accrued annual leave pay,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
• As a Creative Support Bank Staff member you will have access to our free app which allows you to pick up shifts in any area of the country, provides information on the service and shifts as well as directions.
• You will be paid on a weekly basis
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS