Relief Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Relief Support Worker to our team in Sunderland, Tyneside.
We are looking for warm, caring and compassionate individuals to empower people with a range of care needs to live independent and fulfilling lives. Our service in Sunderland supports service users with learning disabilities and mental health support needs related to communication, and is committed to helping our clients recognise their strengths, abilities and personal resources. To provide this care we require warm, motivated and person centred individuals with a keen interest in providing personalised support to meet individual care plans.
Relief Support Worker Duties:
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as: social skills/relationships, personal care and hygiene, daily living and participating in the community
- Support service users in maintaining the safety, security and comfort of their homes
- To support service users in claiming their full benefit entitlement, budgeting and managing their personal finances
- To assist service users in the administration and monitoring of prescribed medication
- Enable service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, to participate in the community and to develop their abilities as fully as possible
- You will be paid on a weekly basis
Previous experience within a care role is an essential requirement for this role. Additionally, new starters must attend mandatory induction courses before commencing work within our Sunderland services.
As a Creative Support Bank Staff member you will have access to our free app which allows you to pick up shifts in any area of the country and provides information on the service and shifts, including directions.
This is a relief position which enables you to pick up shifts at a time that suits you, and is ideal for fitting around personal commitments, study or caring responsibilities.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBTQ+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work in the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS