Relief Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with learning disabilities living in their own homes in Salford. We are currently looking to recruit an energetic, person-centred Relief Support Worker in the Salford area (Monton, Eccles, Swinton and Walkden) to provide the highest standards of care to our service users with support needs.
Our services in Salford provide care and support to individuals with a range of support needs including learning disabilities and complex needs. We have a strong history of helping individuals with a wide range of needs to live independent and fulfilling lives, ensuring that our service users enjoy opportunities for personal development and engaging within their local communities. You will need to work flexibly with the upmost positive regard for the individuals we support.
Relief Support Worker Duties:
– Provide person-centred support to our service users on a flexible relief basis as and when required
– To assist service users in the administration and monitoring of prescribed medication in accordance with the Scheme’s Medication Policy.
– To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as: personal care, social skills/relationships, daily living skills and many more.
– Support service users in maintaining the safety, security and comfort of their homes.
– To promote the self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of service users.
Experience is essential for this role, and an understanding of positive behaviour support is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
As a Creative Support Bank Staff member you will have access to our free app which allows you to pick up shifts in any area of the country and provides information on the service and shifts, including directions. You will be paid on a weekly basis.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS