Female Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Support Worker to our team in Kingswinford, Dudley.
We are looking for compassionate, resourceful and sociable Support Workers to support our outgoing and energetic service users at our learning disability supported living service. You will be involved in supporting the people who use our service in many areas of their lives, from introducing healthy eating and budgeting to day trips to the seaside and gardening. If you have a passion for making a difference in people’s lives and being an integral part of promoting independence this would be a great opportunity for you to join us. We have an incredibly supportive and friendly team in Dudley that welcome people who share their drive to develop the independence of the people who use our service.
Support Worker Duties:
• To be flexible and responsive to the needs of service users as directed by their Individual Support Plans
• To advise and support service users in all aspects of managing their tenancy and maintaining the safety, hygiene and comfort of their home
• To work closely with other professionals and agencies to provide a co-ordinated service which meets the identified needs of the individuals
• Be willing to work flexibly according to the needs of the service to include days, evenings weekends and bank holidays
• Have a valid UK driver’s license
Experience is desirable but not essential for this role. We are looking for someone with the right values and a genuine interest in providing excellent support to all service users. In return we provide outstanding training from our academy where we offer a range of internal and external courses advertised on our monthly Training Calendar to support team members in every role to fulfil their potential.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS