Female Support Worker
We are looking for a warm, motivated and enthusiastic Support Worker to join our service providing excellent care and support for individuals with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and autism in Gornal, Dudley. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in our vibrant homely service Foresters Fold. As Support Worker you will have a passion for promoting active involvement and communication to ensure that ‘every day is a good day’ for all service users. No two days will be the same as our residents love to engage in a wide range of activities such as baking, listening to music, walking and many more!
Your role will include:
- Providing respectful personal care to individuals and help with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- Engaging with service users and build trusting therapeutic relationships, working within to encourage wellbeing and positive coping skills
- Offering support to service users in their own homes or in other settings as part of a structured approach and offering respite to carers and practical and emotional support to families as appropriate
- Working flexibly according to the needs of the service, including daytimes, evenings, weekends and bank holiday.
We provide full, ongoing training and support in order to further your personal and professional development. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain lots of varied experience in the health and social care sector. All you need is a passion for providing person-centred care and support!
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS