Waking Night Support Worker
How would you like to make a positive difference to someone’s life? We are keen to develop and support people to achieve their outcomes, dreams and aspirations.
Creative Support are looking to recruit a waking night support worker who is experienced in working in with people with learning disabilities. We are looking for a calm, resourceful and energetic individual who is well motivated, hardworking and keen to join our team at our supported living service in Cannock, Staffordshire.
Waking Night Support Worker Duties:
- To respect and promote the rights and entitlements of people with learning disabilities, and to enable them to participate as fully as possible in their communities
- To provide personal care to service users and assistance with a range of domestic tasks
- Medication administration
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as: social skills/relationships, daily living skills and using community resources and facilities
- Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service which may include weekends
This service has great transport links with multiple bus routes. It is in close proximity to some of our other services in the area.
No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS