Waking Night Recovery Support Worker - Mental Health Services
Are you a compassionate person, seeking to start a career in the Mental Health Sector?
We are looking for kind and caring individuals to join our Waking Night team. As a Waking Night Support Worker, you will be providing positive, person-centred care and support to people with mental health needs in our high quality, new-build supported living service in Duston, Northamptonshire.
Your role will include:
- Enabling service users to make progress in their personal recovery journey, to attain goals relating to their mental health & wellbeing, independence and quality of life.
- Providing psychological and practical care and support, developing supportive relationships with others, making community connections and accessing meaningful activities.
- Demonstrating an understanding of mental health needs and the challenges experienced by people who may have experienced trauma and adverse life events.
Relevant paid or unpaid experience is desirable but not essential as full and ongoing training will be offered. A relevant qualification (such as a Health & Social Care Diploma or degree in psychology) would also be desirable. Part-time hours will be considered subject to a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We would really welcome the opportunity to tell you more about this exciting role. For an informal discussion please contact Leigh Birch by email to Leigh.firstname.lastname@example.org citing a contact telephone number.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS