We can only accept fully completed applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK, we do not accept CV’s as a form of application – This post will not be open to Sponsorship under the UKVI scheme.
We require an experienced Team Leader to join our team and help develop and coordinate supported housing schemes and the domiciliary service across Blackpool.
You will be responsible for managing a team of staff, ensuring the provision of person centred support to enable customers to maintain their independence, experience improved wellbeing and enjoy opportunities for personal development.
As a Team Leader you will be part of the leadership team responsible for the delivery and daily operational management of the services and for ensuring that contract requirements and CQC quality standards are met. Specific duties and responsibilities will include helping to oversee:
- Deployment of staff to meet individual needs and preferences within available resources
- Supervision, coaching, performance management and support of staff, volunteers and students on placement
- Identifying training needs of the team both mandatory and service specific, ensuring that accurate records are kept.
- Responding to referrals and undertaking initial assessments of need
- Ensuring all service users have a co-produced plan of support and a designated Key Worker
- Ensuring there are clear goals and expected outcomes for service users with a defined pathway towards greater independence
- Co-ordinating a programme of regular person-centred reviews which put each person’s views and unique journey at the heart of planning and decision making
- Working closely with local multi-disciplinary teams and community based agencies to provide holistic, wrap-around support
- Maintaining high standards of environmental safety/quality and ensuring a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere
- Facilitate service user engagement, involvement and peer support
- Ensure that there are robust methods of quality monitoring
- Provide key performance indicators, identifying and planning actions required
You will provide excellent customer care and proactively communicate with stakeholders in respect of risk management and the care and welfare of the people we support. You will have a strong ethical duty of care and a commitment to safeguarding vulnerable individuals.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate warmth, compassion and unconditional positive regard for the people we support and will be able to develop trusting relationships based on empathy and respect. You will have the skills and personal qualities to be able to engage people in meaningful planning and therapeutic activities. You will be expected to work collaboratively and professionally with the people we support, their families and professionals/ multi agencies.
You will be hard working, resilient and reflective with the ability to accept supervision and be accountable for your own practice. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the practical skills required to plan and organise care and support delivery. You will be required to be flexible to the needs of the service.
You will ideally have at least 2 years’ practitioner experience with some experience of supervising/managing staff and resources and hold or be working towards a relevant health or social care qualification (Degree or NVQ Level 4/5). You must be well organised, professional and credible with colleagues from the multi-disciplinary team. You will be able to demonstrate leadership ability and management competencies. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the ability to organise your own time effectively and manage professional relationships. A commitment to your own continuous professional development is essential. In return we will support you to access training and to keep abreast of current thinking and evidence-based practice in mental health recovery and rehabilitation.
If you would like to discuss this post further you can contact Neil Maguire Area Manager, mob: 07870679389 or e-mail email@example.com
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS