Creative Support are looking for warm, motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our service in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire as a Support Worker.
At our Wellingborough services you will provide excellent care and support for 4 service users with learning disabilities and mental health needs. To be a Support Worker, you will have a passion for promoting active involvement and communication to ensure that ‘every day is a good day’. You will give respect and unconditional positive regard for the people you support. No two days will be the same as our residents love to engage in a wide range of activities such as arts and crafts, gardening and cooking. Our residents even say their favourite dish is a roast dinner!
Your role will include:
• Providing respectful personal care to individuals, medication administration and help with domestic tasks such as preparing food and cleaning,
• Engaging with service users and build trusting therapeutic relationships, working within to encourage wellbeing and positive coping skills,
• Work flexibly according to the needs of the service, including daytimes, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS