Are you a warm, patient and caring individual looking to make a positive impact in individuals’ lives?
Creative Support are looking for a Support Worker to join our friendly team in Wellingborough, Northampton. You will be supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs in their daily lives, and promoting their independence.
Every day is different here at our service in Wellingborough, Northampton. You will be supporting our service users with a variety of tasks including medical appointments, shopping and other activities.
Support Worker Duties:
- Provision of practical, emotional and behavioural support to service users
- Provide support and independence to individuals around life skills
- A commitment to making a positive difference in individuals lives
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Carry out general administrative duties and housing management tasks
Our Chestnut Service is well situated within the town of Wellingborough, in a beautiful old Victorian building. Our Chestnut Service also has some furry friends including aguinea pig and cat, so animal lovers are more than welcome! The service has great public transport links.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, and we offer full and part time hours, weekend work, sleep in shifts and bank holidays. Shift patterns are: 7:00 to 15:00; 14:00 to 22:00; and sleep in shifts which will finish at 7:00.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS