Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support services for a wide range of service users. We are currently recruiting for confident and motivated Support Workers to join our busy supported living service in Reddish, Stockport. If you would like a rewarding role that includes working with 4 young men who have learning disabilities and autism to achieve their life goals and join the local community then we would love to hear from you.
Day-to-day tasks of the role would include:
- Providing 1:1 and group support to service users
- Supporting service users inside their home and out in the community (subject to covid-restrictions)
- Supporting service users to retain their independence
- Engaging in activities with the tenants and encouraging them to take up hobbies and achieve their personal goals
- Collaborating with service users, family members and other involved professionals to provide excellent person-centred care for service users
- Working as part of a team and alone inside service users’ homes
- Providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities and/or autism is beneficial but not essential as you will be provided with full training for the role. Our tenants enjoy a range of hobbies and interests including watching and playing football, playing snooker, listening to music, cooking and going shopping. We are looking for support workers who are active, engaged and will empower these young men to improve their independence and quality of life.
The service, located on Greg Street, is easily accessible by bus routes from Manchester and Stockport and if you’re a driver, there is free parking on-site for staff.
The shift patterns will be a mix of early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 10pm including weekends and bank holidays.
Why you should work for us:
Creative Support is a company that cares and has recently obtained the Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award which means:
- You will receive ongoing training and will be supported with any further goals you wish to achieve
- You will always work in a covid-secure environment
- You will be provided with PPE at all times
- Priority access to the covid19 vaccine
- Provision of uniforms
- Free-of-charge DBS certificate
- You can chose to be paid on a weekly or monthly basis
- Free access to Health Assured
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS