Do you have the commitment and values to make a real difference to the lives of people with care needs? Are you passionate about empowering them to improve their quality of life, while supporting them to realise their hopes, dreams and aspirations?
Creative Support is a not-for-profit organisation which provides high quality, person-centred support.
We are looking for Support Workers for our Tower Hamlets service who are highly motivated, hardworking, and keen to support older people and individuals with learning disabilities and dementia in a proactive and holistic manner. You will be based at our Tower Hamlets supported living service, consisting of 40 flats.
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Helping people to maintain a healthy state of wellbeing – mentally, physically and emotionally
- Empowering individuals to be happy, healthy, and successful in achieving their life goals
- Providing excellent, respectful personal care to all service users, administering medication and helping with domestic tasks
- Supporting individuals to access work, education and social opportunities
- Ensuring the safety of the service
You will have skills in positive communication and engagement, and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for all of our service users.
Our Tower Hamlets service is very close to Langdon Park and is well-connected. It is only five minutes’ walk from a bus stop and there is a supermarket nearby as well.
You will have the choice of either weekly or monthly pay.
You will be required to work in a flexible manner, on a roster basis, which will include evenings and weekends. Previous experience, whilst desirable, is not necessary for this Support Worker role – what we need most from you is warmth, kindness, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS