We are looking for compassionate individuals to join our dedicated supported living team in Northfield, Birmingham. If you would like a rewarding role supporting individuals who have learning disabilities to achieve their life goals and join the local community then we would love to hear from you.
Your Support Worker role would include:
- Supporting service users inside their home and in the community
- Supporting service users to retain their independence
- Engaging in activities with the tenants using both verbal and non-verbal communication
- Collaborating with service users, family members and other involved professionals to provide excellent person-centred care for service users
- Working as part of a team and independently across our supported living services
- Administering medication, providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
- Some service administration tasks which will require basic computer knowledge
Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities is beneficial but not essential for this support worker role as you will be provided with full training for the role.
Why you should work for us:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS