Do you have the commitment and positive values to make a difference to the lives of people living in supported living services in Derby?
We are currently recruiting a Support Coordinator to join the management team at our supported living service for adults with learning disabilities.
Creative Support is a non-profit organisation which provides high quality person centred social care services. Working to empower people with a range of care needs to live independent and fulfilling lives, we are committed to helping our clients recognise their strengths, abilities and personal resources.
Our supported living service in Sinfin, Derby supports service users with a range of disabilities, to remain in their own homes and live fulfilled lives. The service comprises of 4 houses on a lovely residential culdesac. There is a model of core and 121 support, supporting 11 tenants. The tenants are supported to enjoy a wide range of activities and live their lives to the full. We also manage a supported living service in Alvaston. The services work closely together, sharing staff experience and expertise and working to ensure that service users’ needs are met.
We are looking for a caring, dynamic and highly motivated person to join the team as a Support Coordinator in our Supported Living Services, predominantly based in Sinfin. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our well-established services located in Derby. The successful candidate will oversee 2 of the 4 houses, up to 6 service users, but also support across all 4 houses when required, in the absence of the team leader. The role will be a mixture of on and off rota time, as well as early, late and day shifts as well a portion of the sleep shifts.
Key responsibilities would be:
- Deputising and supporting the management team in co-ordination of all aspects of service delivery
- Providing direct person-centred care to service users in their own tenancies
- Promoting and increasing co-production, service user involvement and positive partnerships
- Ensuring the effective day-to-day running of the service, guaranteeing high quality care is delivered at all times.
For this rewarding and demanding role applicants must be reliable, flexible, professional and have a proven management background in the sector. This is a full time position and you will be required to work 37.5 hours per week on a 24 hour rota system. You will also be required to take part in the local on call in conjunction with other service coordinators in the area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support program
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- A wide range of training courses to further your personal and professional development
- Competitive pay, pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave, with an extra day off around your birthday
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS